Hot Startups - Duda Mobile
In February of this year, Mashable reported that for the first time in history, smartphone sales overtook PC sales in terms of units, the real story being the popularity of the smartphone rising relentlessly.
The smartphone, as we know it today, means information at your fingertips, flexible working, better organization, faster communication, better sharing of information, among other things. Industry experts agree that the smartphone is yet to see a sharp decline in its upward trajectory. And the way things are going for the smartphone, that won’t be anytime soon. As a matter of fact, people are now browsing the Internet via a smartphone more than via a desktop.
With that as a backdrop, if you’re a website owner, you’ll do good to know that ensuring your website is mobile-optimized can be profitable for your business. To help you do that, here’s a brief review of DudaMobile, a do-it-yourself service that converts regular websites to mobile sites that can work with all smartphones.
Here’s your step-by-step do-it-yourself guide to get that website rocking the smartphone as well:
- On DudaMobile’s homepage, type in your website’s URL and click on Make My Site Mobile.
- Next, you’ll be given a number of templates to choose from.
- Once you’ve made up your mind on a template, within minutes, DudaMobile imports all of your site’s content – text, images, links, everything!
- You can then edit different things, including taking out text, links, images or other stuff that look out of place.
- When you’re ready to test things out, simply add a code (or install a plugin) to the main site for a mobile redirect.
What’s remarkable about DudaMobile is that you don’t have to be on the techie side to get things done. All in, average time to get setup is about 10 to 15 minutes. And what’s even more impressive is that whenever you make changes to your main site, your mobile site is automatically updated – for free!
DudaMobile’s basic package, which is free, can let you customize up to 10 pages. The premium package, which costs $9 per month, allows you to work on unlimited pages, offers unlimited bandwidth, ads-free and customizable footer, your own mobile URL (m.yourcompany.com), phone and e-mail support, mobile site analytics, maps and directions.
[Source - Webiot.Com]
The No-Cost Office, Part 7: Five Free Enterprise Social Network Platforms
PickyDomains - startup that caught everyone by surprise
The (Evergrowing) List Of Cool Free Bootstrapping Sites
From 0 To $30,000 A Month With Dropshipping
My Name Is Beer, Mr.Beer
Meet Bitrix24: the Yammer of Eastern Europe